Reports to: Manager of Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Perkasie, PA
Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day activities within the Manufacturing Engineering Department, including new product implementation, process development, documentation, engineering change orders, tool & fixture design, test equipment design, supplier development, and smooth transition of component and system designs into the production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates transition of new product into production.
- Coordinates process development.
- Configures and organizes product for manufacture.
- Coordinates product design of production specials.
- Coordinates design reviews for GD&T (Geo-Metric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and DFM/DFA (Design for Manufacture / Design for Assembly) analysis.
- Ensures that all documentation, used in production, is accurate and current.
- Monitors the ECO (engineering change order) process to assure they are accurate, timely, and cost effective.
- Maintains the knowledge base that consists of but is not limited to processes, documentation, change orders, BOM’s, product tables, and system logs.
- Supplier development and certification.
- Confers with other departments to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Coordinates distribution and rework of NCM (non-conforming material).
- Uses Solid works CAM software to support CNC machining
BASELINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Interprets and supports duties within manufacturing department.
- Analyzes and resolves problems or assists workers in solving problems.
- Aides in interpreting company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
No direct supervision. May be assigned “lead person” responsibilities for other Manufacturing Engineers, including task assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your current resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Michelle Shire: firstname.lastname@example.org